Baked Fresh Haddock
A staple of New England cooking; sweet, delicate, baked whitefish still rivals the flavors of the most complex modern cooking. This basic recipe leaves the sauce up to you (though we recommend our Lobster Cream Sauce).
- 2 lbs fresh haddock fillet or cod, hake, or halibut fillet
- 2 cups bread crumbs Italian-seasoned
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup milk
- Rinse Haddock under cold water and pat dry.
- Mix the egg and the milk together in a bowl big enough to coat fish in.
- In another bowl place the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Dip the pieces of fish in the milk and egg mixture and then coat the fish in the crumbs and place onto a lightly greased baking dish.
- Place in a preheated 400° oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon sauce over the top and place back in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and serve.
We recommend our Lobster Cream Sauce to accompany this dish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!