Zesty Grilled Shrimp, Bread and Sweet Peach Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon honey
- zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 slices thick ciabatta bread
- 6 cups mixed greens spinach or arugula
- 1 peach pitted & thinly sliced
- 2 ears grilled corn, kernels removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved if large
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño halved and seeded
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, paprika, honey, lemon zest, lime zest, and a pinch each of salt and pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to high. Thread the 4-5 shrimp on skewers and grill each skewer for 2 minutes per side or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rub the ciabatta bread with olive oil and grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until toasted and lightly charred on the outside.
- To assemble, arrange the salad greens in a large bowl and top with peaches, corn, and tomatoes. Slide the shrimp off the skewers and add to the salad. Tear the ciabatta bread over the salad. Serve the vinaigrette drizzled over top (recipe follows). Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!