Whole Red Snapper Tacos with Guacamole and Cabbage Slaw
- 2 whole red snapper scaled and gutted
- 2 avocados pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 5 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- flour tortillas 7 inch, warmed
- 2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced
- hot sauce
- lime wedges
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. In a medium bowl, mash the avocados, sour cream, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro and 3 tablespoons of the lime juice. Season the guacamole with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the fish with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until lightly charred on both sides and cooked through. Transfer the fish to a platter and pull off the skin.
- To assemble each taco, spread a dollop of guacamole on a tortilla. Top with a piece of fish, a few tomato slices and a large spoonful of the cabbage slaw. Serve with the hot sauce and lime wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!