White Cheddar Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound lobster meat freshly picked (found in store!)
- 1 pound pasta
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cupsp italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease an 8” x 8” baking dish.
- Boil your pasta of choice until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Cut the already cooked lobster meat into manageable pieces. heat the milk in a saucepan until hot, but do not allow it to boil.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter and then add the flour, whisking until combined.
- Gradually add the heated milk, whisking constantly until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. You may need to add additional milk or water if it becomes too thick.
- Add in the shredded cheese and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in the salt and pepper, then mix well.
- Start with a layer of the cooked macaroni in the baking dish, then pour a portion of the cheese sauce on top.
- Add a layer of lobster pieces , and then another layer of macaroni. continue this process until everything has been used completely.
- Using a spoon, push the pasta around, making sure all of the ingredients are spread evenly throughout.
- Sprinkle the Italian bread crumbs on top of the finished mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- For the last 5 minutes turn on the broiler to add color to the top. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!