Warm Calamari Salad with Roasted Tomatoes and Black Olives
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 white onion sliced into long pieces
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 lbs fresh squid cleaned, tubes and tentacles cut into rings
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the tomatoes, sliced onions, kalamata olives, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons of parsley, and some black pepper. Mix well and pour into a baking dish. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until onions carmelize and tomatoes brown. Pull from the oven and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and the remaining parsley and cook until the garlic softens. Add the squid and saute, turning over a few times. Add pepper to taste. After 5 minutes, add the white wine. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes. When the squid is tender all the way through, take it off the heat. Set aside.
- With a slotted spoon, take the squid out of the saute pan and put into a medium mixing bowl. Set aside the liquid in the saute pan from the cooked squid for the dressing.
- Pour out 1/4 cup of the reserved squid juices into a small mixing bowl. Add the squid to the large mixing bowl with the tomato/olive mixture. Toss in the remaining olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and more black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the squid mixture. Toss with more parsley and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a warm salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!