Uni and Lobster Sauce for Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons shallots minced (about 2)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pinch crushed hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup of sweet vermouth you may use white wine instead
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces uni
- 1/2 cup butter cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound shucked and cooked lobster meat
- 12 ounces spaghetti prepared, rinsed, set aside
- In a 9-inch saute pan over medium-high heat sweat shallots, garlic, hot pepper and oregano in the olive oil. About 2 minutes, until limp. Add vermouth and chicken stock, reduce this by half. Add sea urchin, cooking for 30 seconds. Whisk in butter, chunk at a time, breaking up urchins as you mix. Add parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Add lobster at the last minute. Toss with spaghetti. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!