Uni Fried Rice
- 100 grams Uni
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice dried overnight in the fridge
- 2 Shallots finely sliced
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 4 scallions finely sliced
- ½ cup Hoisin sauce
- ½ cup Rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Sweet soy sauce
- ½ cup Fried shallots
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Drain the sea urchin, dry on some paper towel, and slice each piece down the centre.
- Mix the rice wine vinegar, hoisin, soy, and sweet soy sauces until well combined.
- Place the vegetable oil into a wok and heat on high until shimmering.
- Add the carrot and scallion, toss to combine.
- When the scallion and carrot begin to blister add the rice then toss and stir until the rice starts to toast.
- Add the urchin and shallots and toss until the urchin begins to color.
- Add the sauces and stir through until well combined.
- To serve – divide between two bowls and garnish with the fried shallots.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!