Thai Monkfish Curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk 14 ounce
- 1 lb monkfish cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Heat peanut oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in chopped onion, and cook until softened and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and continue to cook for 3 to 5 more minutes, until softened. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the coconut milk and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Once coconut milk begins to simmer, stir in cubed monkfish, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes, or until the fish is firm and the center is no longer opaque. Stir in fish sauce, lime juice, and cilantro before serving.
- Serve with jasmine rice.