Steelhead, Tuscan Style
- 1 lb steelhead trout
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- ½ cup marinated artichokes cut in fourths
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon wedge
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Add oil to a large cast iron and heat on medium high until shimmering. Place steelhead skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove fish from the pan and set aside. Using the same pan, bring heat to low, add butter and chopped onions until translucent.
- Add chopped sundried-tomatoes, tomato paste, artichokes and spinach. Mix for 1 minute and add vegetable broth. Reduce the heat to simmer and stir until the spinach is wilted. Now stir in the cream and cook for 1 minute more.
- Carefully return the cooked steelhead to the pan, nestling it into the sauce and place the entire pan in the oven at 350° until heated (~3 minutes).
- Add salt, pepper and lemon to your taste. Top with chopped parsley.
- Pour the sauce on top of the fish and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!