Steamers in Beer
- 2 pounds steamers cleaned
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted
- 1 can beer not dark
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wash clams.
- Finely chop shallot. In a large saucepan cook shallot in 1/4 cup butter over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley, and stir. Add beer and clams.
- steam clams, covered, until opened, 4 to 5 minutes, transferring them as they open with a slotted spoon to a bowl. reserve cooking liquid.
- Pour reserved cooking liquid over clams and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
The worst clams ever. So sandy we could not eat them. Maybe a good recipe, we’ll never know. Never buying clams there again.
Unfortunately, steamer clams harvested in sand will contain some sand. The best thing to do before preparing them is to purge them. Check out this link. It will help! Maine Steamer Clams: Ugly yet Delicious!