- 1 lb sole
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- garlic salt to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- dash of grated mace (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash spinach well, remove any coarse stems. Cook in water just until spinach looks wilted. Drain excess water.
- Place spinach in a shallow baking dish and mix with onion powder, mace, salt, pepper.
- Sprinkle sole fillets with garlic, salt and parsley.
- Roll up fillets and place on top of spinach.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and blend in flour. Stir in half and half and simmer, stirring until sauce thickens, add in wine and salt to taste. Cook until sauce comes to a slow boil. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese saving some to sprinkle on top.
- Cover fish and spinach with sauce and bake for 20-25 minutes.