Smoked Trout Eggs Benedict
- 3 English muffins toasted
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 Eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted
- 1 lb smoked trout
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast English Muffins.
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan with 3 inches (8 cm) water and the vinegar; bring to a simmer. Crack each egg into a custard cup or small ramekin. Working in two batches, gently slide eggs into water and cook until whites are set and yolks are runny, about 3 to 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to plate.
- Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, 2 tsp hot water, the salt and cayenne (if using) into a food processor. Melt butter in small saucepan over high heat, swirling constantly, until hot; immediately transfer to the food processor, and mix until thick, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place a generous portion of smoked trout on each side of the toasted english muffin. Add a poached egg on top of the trout. Top with hollandaise sauce, chives, black pepper and cayenne.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!