Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil
- 1/4 cup old bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce optional
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 Medium Sweet onion cut into wedges
- 1 head garlic halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 package smoked andouille sausage cut into 1-inch pieces, 12.8-ounce
- 3 ears corn each cut crosswise into 3 pieces
- 2 pounds medium or large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
FOR SERVING, OPTIONAL
- melted butter
- hot sauce
- Cocktail sauce
- lemon wedges
- In a 6-qt slow cooker, whisk together Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, hot sauce and 6 cups water.
- Add in potatoes, onion, garlic and bay leaves into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours, or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in sausage and corn; cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on high heat, stirring twice, until shrimp are opaque and pink, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!