Rouille (Sauce to accompany Bouillabaisse)
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 red bell pepper roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Small pinch of saffron threads
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Crusty fresh bread, sliced and grilled
- In the bowl of the food processor, combine the garlic, red pepper, egg yolk, lemon juice, and saffron. Pulse until smooth, then slowly drizzle in the oil and process continuously until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and use immediately.
- Spread Rouille onto bread and serve with Bouillabaisse.