Risotto with North Atlantic Pink Shrimp and French Green Beans
- 1/2 lb North Atlantic cooked pink shrimp meat
- 1/2 lb French green beans
- 1 /4 tsp of saffron
- 3 tbspn of olive oil
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 onion
- Salt by taste
- 6 cups of water
- 2 tbsp of grated parmesan
- Cook beans to al dente and set aside.
- Finely chop half of the onion. Take the butter from the refrigerator and keep it at the room temperature so it is slightly softened. Boil water and keep it warm over low heat.
- Pour glass of hot water to the saffron threads.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan or frying pan and add onions. Bring to simmer until transparent. Then add rice and stir until the rice is slightly brown.
- Keep stirring the rice, adding hot water cup by cup as the previous cup evaporates. Keep cooking until the rice is almost ready. Pour the saffron water, evaporate it. Add more hot water if necessary. Gently heat shrimp and beans to warm and add to the ready rice dish, stir, and season with salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- Add butter and cheese, stir until desired consistency. Risotto is ready.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!