Pan Roasted Croaker with Herbs & Tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons butter
- 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 - 8 ounce fillets croaker skin on
- Heat olive oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato to pan; cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in capers, Dijon mustard, and minced garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley, chives, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and red pepper; keep warm.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add fish to pan, skin side down; cook 3 minutes or until skin is browned. Turn fish over; cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve fish with the sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!