Oysters au Gratin
- 2 dozen oysters
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- butter pats for topping
- Preheat oven to 425. Shuck oysters, reserve the deep half of the shells. Set aside.
- Heat 5 tbsp butter in a skillet; add onion, garlic, salt and pepper, saute 2-3 minutes. Add bread crumbs to pan until crumbs are moistened.
- Spoon mixture into each of the oyster shells, top with the mixture, top with an oyster and cover with grated cheese. Top with a pat of butter.
- Bake until top is browned.