Before a meal or as a meal, on a cold day this can’t be beat.
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped thin
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 qt. cream
- 1 1/2-2 lb fresh shucked oysters
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper to taste
- 1 long dash Tobasco sauce
- In the bottom of a stock pot melt butter over medium heat, add onions, celery, salt and white pepper, stir and cook until just tender.
- Add the oysters, sauté until the edges of the oysters start to just curl, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and heat until vapor is coming off the top (do not allow to boil).
- Stir in the Tobasco sauce.
- Serve, with oyster crackers on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!