Great side dish or appetizer and easy to make!
- 1 lb fresh shucked oysters
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 shallot minced minced
- salt and pepper to taste to taste
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Lightly grease a baking dish big enough to hold the oysters in a single layer.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter, add the shallots, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook on low heat while you are coating the oysters.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Dip each oyster into the milk mixture then coat in the bread crumbs. Place on the baking dish.
- Evenly drizzle the melted butter, parsley and shallot mixture over the oysters.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve lemon wedges on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!