Mussels with Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds mussels beards removed and scrubbed clean
- 12 cilantro sprigs chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir curry paste into garlic and ginger and continue to cook 1 minute more. Add coconut milk, salt, and pepper to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add mussels to skillet, cover, and cook just until mussels open, 2-3 minutes. Transfer mussels to a large serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Pour coconut curry sauce over mussels, garnish with cilantro and lime and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!