Monkfish "Lobster" Rolls
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup stalk celery finely chopped
- 4 split-top hot dog rolls
- Bibb lettuce leaves for serving
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Season the monkfish with 1/2 teaspoon celery salt, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of pepper. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the monkfish and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer the monkfish to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch pieces. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the mayonnaise, the remaining 1 teaspoon celery salt, lemon juice, and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toast the rolls and line the insides with lettuce. Add the monkfish, chopped celery and chives to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture; gently toss. Divide the monkfish salad among the rolls. Serve with pickles and the potato chips.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!