Mom's Baked Stuffed Squid
- 4 whole large squid
- 4 cups diced & crumbled stale bread
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup fish stock
- 6 oz crabmeat
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In small fry pan, add oil, butter, onion, garlic and cook on low heat till soft, set aside.
- In a bowl, add bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Add enough stock till mixture is moist but not too wet. Add bread crumb mixture and fold in the crabmeat.
- Stuff each squid and close top with toothpicks. Place squid in baking dish and cover with tomato sauce.
- Cover with foil and cook in 350 degrees