Miso Marinated Black Cod
- 1/4 cup red or white miso paste
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 tsp mirin
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 black cod fillets 6-8 ounces each
- Whisk together miso, sake, mirin, soy sauce, oil, and sugar. Rub mixture over every surface of fish fillets. Transfer to a plastic zipper-lock bag or sealable container. Marinate for about 20-30 minutes.
- Adjust broiler rack to 4 inches from heat source and preheat to high. Cover a small broiler pan with aluminum foil. Place black cod fillets skin side down on pan. Broil until top surface is well charred and a thin skewer inserted into black cod shows no resistance at all when piercing through layers of flesh, about 10-12 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!