- 1.5 cups fresh, Maine, lobster meat chopped
- buttermilk pancake/waffle mix enough for 4-6 waffles
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- olive oil as needed
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1/3 lb wild mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp shallots minced
- 1/2 tbsp chives chopped
- 1/2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 4 oz heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Mushroom Sauce: Using a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the mushrooms, and cook until they are soft and roasted. Add the shallots and sweat until they are translucent and aromatic. Add the heavy cream, and turn the heat down to a low simmer. Add the herbs and sim- mer until the sauce thickens. Season to taste and hold warm.
- For the Main Event: Mix the pancake mix according to the instructions on the box, or, if you prefer making your pancakes from scratch, go for it. Add the brown sugar and chopped lobster. Let the mix sit for five minutes. Spray the inside of your waffle maker with oil of your choice and pour in enough batter for a waffle of your preferred size. As the waffle cooks, Carefully remove waffle once both sides are fully cooked. Repeat this process until the batter is gone. Arrange the waffles on a plate and top with warm mushroom sauce and some extra fresh herbs. We think a high-end maple syrup would add great depth of flavor, but you can do whatever you would like!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!