- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio carnaroli or other short-grained white rice
- Meat from 1 cooked lobster chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups lobster stock *see note
- In a medium pot, heat the stock and keep warm.
- In a large, wide saucepan, melt the butter in the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add a large pinch of salt, then add the rice and stir constantly for about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of broth and simmer, stirring until the broth is almost absorbed. Add more broth, a cup at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next. Stir often. Cook until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the lobster meat until heated through, then add the chives and ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with remaining Parmesan.
*Saute 6 lobster bodies in oil, move to pot, add 8 cups of water, a couple of bay leaves, and a few peppercorns. You may also use a lobster base for stock or a store bought seafood stock.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!