By David Tanis. NYT Cooking
Lobster Pasta With Yellow Tomatoes and Basil
- 4 pound lobsters 1 1/8 pounds each, or 1cooked lobster meat
- 1 pound sturdy pasta like mafaldine, reginetti, lasagnetti, long ziti, macaroni, bucatini or rigatoncini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots finely diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- teaspoon ½red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped yellow tomato or halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 handfuls basil leaves torn or roughly chopped
- If using whole lobsters, cook them in abundant boiling water for 6 minutes. Cool, remove meat from tail, claws and knuckles, and chop into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook pasta.
- Meanwhile, pour olive oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute, without browning. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season generously with salt and pepper. Add lobster meat, stir to coat, cook 1 minute, then turn off heat until pasta is ready.
- When pasta is al dente, drain, add to skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and transfer to a warmed wide bowl or platter. Add basil, toss once more and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!