Lobster Cream Sauce
- 3/4 lb. fresh lobster meat cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine or margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp dry sherry not cooking sherry
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch paprika
- Melt the butter or margarine in a sauce pan
- Add the flour, salt and pepper, mix till well blended.
- Add the cream and milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken
- Add the sherry and cook for one more minute.
- Add the lobster meat, a dash of nutmeg and a dash of paprika, mix well and remove from heat.
- When fish comes out of the oven, (see baked haddock with lobster sauce) pour the lobster sauce over the top of the fish and continue to cook, for an additional 5 minutes.