Linda Greenlaw for Martha Stewart Living
Linda Greenlaw's Spicy Lobster Linguine
- 1 cup White Wine or vermouth or vodka
- 1 cup Water
- 4 1 1/4-pound lobsters
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic very finely chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 cups drained and coarsely chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tablespons chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a large pot, combine wine and 1 cup water, and bring to a simmer. Add lobsters, and steam until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand until cool. Remove the tails and claws. Halve the tails lengthwise, then halve them again crosswise. Crack the claws; set aside. Reserve bodies and knuckles for another use.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt. Add linguine, and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Stir in red-pepper flakes, tomatoes, and mint. Simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, and transfer to a large platter. Ladle sauce over pasta, and top with lobster. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!