Kid-Approved & Freezer Friendly Fish Sticks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2.5 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound cod fillets cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Tartar Sauce for serving
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice cod into thin strips. Pat dry with paper towels if needed.
- Working in batches, dredge the cod strips in flour, then coat with egg, then cover in bread crumbs.
- Place breaded strips evenly on a greased sheet pan, or used a silicon baking mat like we did!
- Once all are breaded and on the sheet pan, bake for 8 minutes. Flip and bake on the other side for another 6 minutes, then transfer to the broiler for about a minute (just until some of the crumbs begin turning a darker brown). Watch these very closely to prevent burning.
- Serve with fresh lemon for squeezing and tartar sauce or ketchup for dipping.
- Store left over fish sticks in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a few days. To reheat, place on sheet pan in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
For freezing uncooked fish sticks: Place breaded fish sticks on a cookie sheet in the freezer until firm, then transfer to a freezer safe container for storage. To cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay frozen sticks on a sheet pan brushed with olive oil. Cook for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Broil for an additional 1 minute as above. For freezing cooked fish sticks: Place fish sticks in a freezer safe container. To cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay frozen sticks on a sheet pan brushed with olive oil. Heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!