Honey Ginger Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon with Fresh Nectarine and Avocado Salsa
- 1 wild caught skin on salmon, 2 pound
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic grated
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
NECTARINE, CORN, AND AVOCADO SALSA
- 1 nectarine chopped
- 1 ear grilled corn kernels removed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Soak the cedar plank in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling, but 2-4 hours is ideal. (You can find cedar planks in our dry goods section!)
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Add corn on the cob and grill for the salsa.
- Lay the whole salmon, skin side facing down, on top of the cedar plank. Rub the flesh of the salmon with lemon zest, ginger, garlic, and black pepper. Place on the grill and cover the grill. Grill for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, and chili paste. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, brush the soy sauce mix over the salmon.
- To make the salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Spoon over the salmon.
- Using a large spatula, remove salmon from the grill. Top with salsa and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!