Heidi's Lobster and Linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken or lobster broth
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 12-15 leaves fresh basil, rolled and cut into ribbons
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 1 1/8 lb cooked lobsters or 3/4 cup lobster meat
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste, depending on broth used
- 3/4 lb linguine
- Remove lobster meat from cooked lobsters over a bowl, reserve any liquid you may have gotten. Cut into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Begin to heat pasta water. You are going to want the pasta to be ready when your lobster is finished.
- Add butter and olive oil in saute pan. You can use all butter and more of it if you prefer!
- When heated, add garlic and shallots and saute several minutes. Add white wine, once it begins to bubble add halved tomatoes, lemon zest, crushed red pepper.
- When shallots are translucent, add reserved lobster liquid and chicken broth.
- When tomatoes have become just slightly cooked, add ribboned basil leaves.
- Next add lobster meat. Do not allow lobster meat to boil, keep in pan just till it is warmed through. Taste and season with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Adjust crushed red pepper to taste. Serve over linguine.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!