Bon appetit May 19, 2015
Head-On Shrimp with Chile, Garlic, and Parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided, plus more for grill
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 head-on tail-on shrimp (1½–2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- Lemon wedges (for serving
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat; oil grate. Combine garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, and 4 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl.
- Working one at a time, use kitchen shears to cut along the length of the back of each shrimp just deep enough into flesh to expose vein; remove. Toss shrimp with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in another medium bowl; season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Grill shrimp, turning occasionally, until shells are bright red and meat is cooked through (it will look slightly opaque), about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl with garlic-parsley mixture and toss to coat; season with kosher salt and pepper. Transfer prawns to a serving platter and pour garlic-parsley mixture over; sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.