Harbor Fish Market's Scallops with Sage and Brown Butter Sauce
- 1 lb fresh sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 stick salted butter
- 15-18 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the scallops in a baking dish. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Stir to coat evenly. Marinate for 15-20 minutes - no longer. Set the grilll on medium-high heat, or use a grill pan. When grill is hot, cook the scallops, turning once, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and pine nuts. Cook until the butter starts to brown, being careful not to burn the butter. When the butter has browned, add the scallops and coat evenly. Remove to a serving plate and spoon the brown butter sage sauce over the scallops. Dust with grated Parmesan cheese.