Harbor Fish Market's Roasted Cod Loins with Puttanesca Sauce
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 -2 ounce can flat anchovies
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped (approximately 1 loose cup)
- 2 cups zucchini, cut in a half-moon shape
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 cups chopped plum or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 cup pitted green olives, cut in half
- 3 1/2 oz drained capers
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 1 cup white wine
- 3-4 cups arugula
- 2 lbs cod loin
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the olive oil in a large deep saucepan on low heat. Add the anchovies and cook until they melt down, 7 or 8 minutes. Add the oil from the canned anchovies. Add the garlic, shallots, and onion, and saute until all soften, approximately 10 minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, and jalapeño pepper. Saute for another 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, oregano, wine, and simmer another 10 minutes. Add the arugula, stir, and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Place the cod loins in a large baking dish and spoon the puttanesca mixture around and on top of the fish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- When finished, serve immediately as the fish will continue to cook in the hot dish.