Halibut Steaks with Chili and Lime
- 2 pounds halibut steaks about 1 1/4 inches thick preferably 4 small- to medium- size steaks or two large ones
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Salt to taste
- If you have two large halibut steaks cut each in half, making four portions.
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, chili powder and garlic in a shallow dish large enough to hold the halibut steaks in a single layer. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Place the halibut steaks in the dish, turn them once, cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Turn them again and marinate another 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler to very hot. Grill or broil the halibut steaks until lightly browned on one side, about six minutes, then turn and cook them on the other side. Baste them with the marinade a couple of times during cooking.
- When the fish is done, place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Spoon the heated marinade over the fish and serve at once.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!