Halibut and Onions
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut fillet
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp butter
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash and pat dry fish.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pace 1/2 onions in a buttered baking dish.
- Put fish on top, add remaining onions to top of fish.
- Melt butter, pour over fish; pour cream over fish.
- Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Harbor Fish Market vintage recipe, circa 1980
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!