Food & Wine Magazine
Grilled Swordfish with Basil Caper Butter
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons drained capers chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 8 ounce swordfish steaks about 1 inch thick
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, blend the butter with the basil, capers and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate.
- In a large, shallow dish, mix the olive oil with the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season the swordfish with salt and pepper and turn the fish in the olive oil mixture. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Grill the swordfish steaks over a hot fire until nicely charred on the outside and just cooked within, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to plates, top each with a dollop of basil-caper butter and serve right away.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!