Green Curry Lobster Stew
- 2 Qts lobster stock
- 1 tbsp Golden Mountain seasoning sauce found in Asian markets
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 oz palm sugar
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed scraps reserved
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 1 lb maitake (hen of the woods) or other wild mushrooms
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt to taste
- 2 8 oz packages, Cold Cracked™ claw and knuckle lobster meat
- 1 tbsp chili oil, optional
- Heat a thin film of canola oil in pot. Add curry paste and stir until aromatic. Add lobster stock, golden mountain sauce, fish sauce, palm sugar and sweet potato scraps to pot. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and simmer until sweet potato scraps are tender. Transfer to a blender (in batches if needed) and blend on high for one minute until smooth. The sweet potato should slightly thicken the broth. Season to taste with salt.
- Heat another thin film of canola oil in pot and sweat the mushrooms until they soften - about 2 minutes. Add thickened lobster stock, cream, coconut milk and diced sweet potato and cook until tender. Turn heat to low and add the Cold Cracked™ lobster meat. Cook until lobster is just done - about 5 minutes. Ladle into 4 bowls and garnish with chili oil. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Chefs Andrew Taylor and Mike Wiley of Big Tree Hospitality