Ginger Shrimp with Burst Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or finely grated
- 3 scallions thinly sliced, greens and whites separated
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup small cherry tomatoes preferably yellow Sungold tomatoes, or halved large
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves torn or roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine garam masala, ginger, garlic, scallion whites, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp and toss well. Heat a large skillet over high heat, then add the oil. Add the tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until the whole tomatoes burst and the halved ones start to wrinkle, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp mixture and sauté for another 2 to 4 minutes, turning the shrimp, until they are pink all over.
- Gently stir in butter and cook for another minute, until the shrimp are cooked through. Remove from heat and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Taste and add more salt and spices, if needed. Garnish with mint and scallion greens and serve immediately.