Ginger Shrimp with Burst Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or finely grated
- 3 scallions thinly sliced, greens and whites separated
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup small cherry tomatoes preferably yellow Sungold tomatoes, or halved large
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves torn or roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine garam masala, ginger, garlic, scallion whites, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp and toss well. Heat a large skillet over high heat, then add the oil. Add the tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until the whole tomatoes burst and the halved ones start to wrinkle, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp mixture and sauté for another 2 to 4 minutes, turning the shrimp, until they are pink all over.
- Gently stir in butter and cook for another minute, until the shrimp are cooked through. Remove from heat and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Taste and add more salt and spices, if needed. Garnish with mint and scallion greens and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!