Fried Lobster Mashed Potato Balls
- 1 pound Maine lobster meat chunked
- 2 cups vegetable oil or more, as needed
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, cheese, chives, lobster, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or your hands roll the mixture into balls.
- Working one at a time, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko.
- Working in batches, add balls to the oil and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately.