Fish Chowder (Italian)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- pinch of red pepper, flakes or ground
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into medium pieces
- 1 small can crushed tomatoes
- 2 lbs haddock fillet, cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in large saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook slowly until soft.
- Add the red pepper flakes, chopped potatoes, and tomatoes. Fill the empty tomato can with water and add it to the sauce pan. Cook until the potatoes are almost done, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add haddock pieces to the tomato sauce with the salt and pepper. Cook until the fish flakes. Add the chopped parsley.
- Enjoy with crusty bread.