- 2 cups cooked white fish (cod, haddock, hake)
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp minced parsley
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- bacon fat, oil or butter for cooking
- lemon slices
- Flake the fish and add to the potatoes.
- Season to taste, add parsley and melted butter.
- Mix in as much of the egg as necessary to moisten the mixture; beat thoroughly.
- Divide into 12 portions, roll each into a ball, flatten the tops and bottoms.
- Coat lightly with flour. Saute in fat, oil or butter until golden brown.