A hearty meal with a great smokey flavor, perfect on a cold winters day!
- 1 1/2 lbs. smoked haddock
- 3 medium potatoes Cooked
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 11/2 cups milk light cream
- 3 tbsp flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2-3 hard-boiled eggs
- Place fillet(s) of smoked haddock in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a low simmering boil, cook approximately 10 to 12 minutes and drain off the water
- Meanwhile, peel and cut potatoes into bite size chunks and cook until fork-tender.
- Cook eggs to a hard boil.
- When Haddock has cooled to the touch, flake off the fish from the skin, making sure there are no bones, and place into a casserole dish. Add the cooked potatoes and the frozen peas.
- In a saucepan combine butter with flour to form a roux. Add milk gradually, stirring vigorously. Heat mixture until it is just steaming, keep stirring until it starts to thicken, then reduce heat. Add salt and fresh black pepper; cook 1 minute longer stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over the smoked haddock, potatoes and the peas, then cover the top with chopped or sliced eggs.
- Place in a 300° oven for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!