Ecuadorian Head-on Shrimp with Chili Garlic Sauce
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1 lb Raw head-on Ecuadorian Shrimp rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce found in Asian markets, more or less to heat tolerance
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Water
- ½ tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 scallions chopped
- Combine chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, water and brown sugar and set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to a non-stick pan or wok and turn on medium to high fire. Once the oil is shimmering and near smoking, add minced garlic and ginger and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry a minute.
- Add chili garlic sauce mixture and stir fry until shrimp are a deep pink, about 3-5 minutes total. Take care not to overcook. Add scallions, stir and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!