East Coast Cobb Salad
Great meal on a hot summer night! Add a glass of white wine and some crusty bread, dinner is served.
- 8 cups Mesculun Greens washed
- 1 1/2 cup fresh corn cooked and off the cob
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 6 stalks crisp celery diced
- 14 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup kalamata olives cut in half
- 3 large eggs hard boiled and chopped
- 1 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1 large avocado peeled and chopped
- 10 slices thick bacon cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1 lb. fresh cooked lobstermeat diced
- 12 oz. smoked shrimp Typically sold in 6 oz containers. If not available, use small pink shrimp, cooked and peeled.
- Lightly toss the washed greens, olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper (be careful not to over-dress the salad). Place on a large platter.
- Place the rest of the ingredients over the top of the greens, forming rows, keeping colors separated to form stripes over the top of the salad. Sprinkle an extra pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper, and serve.
You can place a simple vinaigrette dressing on the table, for those who prefer a little extra. This salad can also be made with fresh picked Maine Crabmeat instead of one of the other seafoods. If you do not like Gorgonzola cheese, Bleu cheese or another strong-flavored cheese can be used.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!