Dave's "No Recipe" Fried Calamari
- tempura batter (dry)
- milk to tenderize
- banana and jalapeño peppers
- parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- Clean your calamari, cut tubes into circles.
- Tenderize the circles by soaking in salted milk for one hour.
- Mix a dry tempura batter with a tsp of baking powder.
- Get your oil up to temperature, dredge your calamari in the tempura, and drop them in. Fry until golden brown.
- Place the fried calamari on a nice plate of arugula. Garnish with banana and jalapeño peppers, freshly grated parmesan cheese, a little salt and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as marinara or a flavored aioli. As Dave would say, "You'll absolutely LOVE it!"
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!