Basic Amazing Crab Cakes
Quick and easy, this is a staple of New England seafood cuisine.
- 1 lb. fresh Maine lump crabmeat check for shells
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 scallions sliced thin
- 1 celery large stalk, sliced thin
- 1 3/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the crabmeat and bread crumbs.
- Once all the ingredients are well incorporated, mix in one cup of bread crumbs.
- Gently mix in the lump crab.
- To form the patties, use a dry-measure measuring cup (Use a 1/4 cup size to get approximately 12 appetizer size cakes, use a 1/2 cup to get 6 sandwich sized-cakes.
- Roll each cake into the remainder of the panko bread crumbs, coating both sides. Chill these for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat add the olive oil.
- When oil is hot, sauté the cakes till golden brown (about 3 to 4 minutes per side). Remove to rest on paper towel.
- Serve with remoulade or tartar sauce.
Use a remoulade or tartar sauce for dipping with appetizer-sized cakes or as a spread for sandwich size cakes. Recipes for remoulade and tartar sauce can be found in the category of accompaniments.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!