Couquilles St. Jacques Al'Ail
- 1 1/2 lbs scallops
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup seasoned flour, salt & pepper or your favorite blend
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Rinse scallops, pat dry and place on sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle over with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes. Dip scallops in seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in large fry pan. Add the scallops and sear, turning once, about 4-5 minutes depending on size. Stir in shallots, garlic and basil, cook another few minutes. Remove from heat and still in butter and parsley. Serve at once.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!