- 2 lbs cod loin cut into 3 inch chunks and patted dry
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- crushed red pepper flakes to tastepaste
- 8-10 kalamata olives whole or sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup fish or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute peppers, onions and garlic until onions are transparent.
- Add tomato paste and crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add wine and let it cook down for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, capers, olives, broth, and let it simmer til tomatoes begin to shrivel.
- When sauce has thickened up a bit, nestle the fish in.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes with a lid ajar. Fish ready when opaque.