Very flavorful and easy to make!
- 1 lb. Fresh shucked hard shell clam meat and juices coarsely chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup clam or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley coarsely chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- pinch of kosher salt to taste
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and margarine. When heated add the garlic and shallot and cook about 2 minutes
- Add the black pepper, salt, white wine, broth, and approximately half of the parsley, bring to a boil and allow to cook until liquid reduces to half.
- Add the chopped clams and any juices, stir uncovered for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Cook 3/4 of a pound of pasta according to directions on the box, al dente.
- When clams are done (when they are open), pour clams and broth over cooked linguine, add remaining parsley over the top, gently toss, and serve.
If you want to take this dish to another level when you are putting the garlic and shallots in add one can of anchovies, then just before you add the next ingredients mash the anchovies into pieces. Don't add any salt as the anchovies will take care of that.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!