- 1 lb. Fresh shucked hard shell clam meat and juices coarsely chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup clam or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley coarsely chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- pinch of kosher salt to taste
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and margarine. When heated add the garlic and shallot and cook about 2 minutes
- Add the black pepper, salt, white wine, broth, and approximately half of the parsley, bring to a boil and allow to cook until liquid reduces to half.
- Add the chopped clams and any juices, stir uncovered for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Cook 3/4 of a pound of pasta according to directions on the box, al dente.
- When clams are done (when they are open), pour clams and broth over cooked linguine, add remaining parsley over the top, gently toss, and serve.